April 23, 2014

On Facebook Feuds, Politics and Anniversaries

It's increasingly evident to me,
That the world that we live in is a crazy place to be,
Where the things that should bother us don't,
And when the time comes to take a stand we won't

Where Facebook feuds on politics,
Leads to amusing dramatics,
Where annoyed friends and bemused strangers,
And discussions on corruption and glorified arrangers,
Can lead to unfriending wives,
But tell me, Do I then forget the lives?
That were in so plenty lost a while ago,
Do I forget their stories, let them bother me no more?

There's reasonable folk that tell me what's decent,
Is to let it drop since it's no longer recent,
But tell me the price of a memory,
One that clings to your soul,
Like an Elephant left alive without its ivory,
Does it still ever completely feel whole?

And they say that the Grand Pachyderm,
Rarely forgets a friendly turn,
Yet docile as his majesty no doubt seems,
When rampaging wild to protect his dreams,
Surely forgets no slight either,
And he shouldn't neither

To you I pose this wicked  teaser Manali,
One that I am inadequate to frame completely,
Is it right for us to keep quite or turn away,
When finally the moment is here for us to stay-to have our say?

Together with you it's been a fairly long innings,
And yet trust me this is just the beginnings,
You've  been my rock when I faced fear,
You remain my strength, my hope, my verse,
My joy, my reason to be, my now, my here
My conscience, my muse, my soul, my Universe

Together we have a long way to grow,
Like tall trees whose canopies entwine,
And provide sweet shade for all below,
I need you near me, I need you to be mine

Forever.



Here's wishing you a happy 6th Anniversary , my love...


P.S : Do un-unfriend me on fb , please, pretty please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment